These Garlic Butter Chicken wings are delicious, easy to make, and really crispy without frying.
Garlic Butter Chicken Wings
This is a very simple recipe but yet very delicious. These Garlic Butter Chicken wings are pure perfection for many reasons. First, they have the perfect combinations of seasonings because we don’t want bland chicken. We also added a fresh garlic paste in the seasoning stage for an extra smooth garlic taste. They are super crispy without any flour and no need to fry them. But don’t get me wrong, fried chicken can be irresistible. Just like my chicharrones de pollo. In the end, you get wings that are smothered in a flavorful garlic butter sauce.
One of the perks of this recipe is that it is very easy to make. With basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. You only need 5 minutes to prep everything and in the oven, they go. This is a recipe perfect for a laid back weekend. A must have when you have family or friends over. And the perfect food to have on a football night.
Can I substitute fresh garlic with pre-made garlic?
I know how convenient it is to have an ingredient you can scoop out without having to peel or chop anything. But please, do not use pre-made garlic, minced, in a paste, or a powder for this recipe. The premade minced garlic you get at the store has a weird smell and a very mild garlic flavor. The store bought garlic paste doesn’t have that fresh garlic pow you need. The garlic powder tastes like something else completely so this is the worst out of the 3.
What is the secret to making a good Chicken Wing?
1. Dry skin– It is important to dry your chicken for getting the skin crispy. This can be done in many ways. You can air-dry them in your fridge for a few hours and even overnight. What I did was simply dry each wing with a paper towel.
2. Using a rack– Cook the chicken on a rack. The purpose of this is to allow the air to circulate all over the chicken and avoid it to get greasy with the drippings.
3. High heat– The high heat is great for 2 reasons. One is that it helps to render or melt the fat and this helps to get that must desire crisp skin. The high heat will also give it that appetizing golden brown color.
How to store and reheat?
To store chicken wings, you first must let them cool and place them in an airtight container. You can keep the wings in the fridge for up to 4 days and up to 3 months in the freezer.
To reheat the chicken wings you can either use the microwave or the oven. Before heating your chicken wings in the oven it is best to take them out of your fridge at least 30 minutes before so they can get to room temperature. This is because cold chicken is going to take longer to heat up. Long heating times can also cause the chicken to get very dry.
What to serve with?
Garlic Chicken Wings go well with almost anything. You can serve them with some vegetables on the side. You can pair it with any sauce, it can be buffalo, barbeque, garlic cilantro, or a pink sauce. You can pair them up with french fries or some nice crisp tostones.
Chicken Wings– For this recipe, I used 1 ½ pound of chicken wings. I got the wings pre-cut but you can use the whole wing.
Seasonings– for the seasonings I used salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika. If you would like to add some spice you can add some cayenne pepper or red chili flakes.
Garlic– For this recipe, I used fresh garlic. I took 2 and grated them and use them to season the chicken. The rest I minced and cooked with the butter.
Butter– I used salted butter for added flavor.
How To make Garlic Butter Chicken Wings
1. You need to remove the moisture from the chicken wings by patting dry with a paper towel.
2. Now season your chicken wings. It is not necessary to let the wings marinate but you can do it if you would like to.
3. Bake the chicken at 425°F/ 220°C for 20 minutes. Flip and cook for 20 more minutes. This is great to get an even color in your wings.
4. Roughly mince the garlic.
5. Making your garlic butter is one of the most important steps. Cook your butter and garlic over medium heat and constantly stir to avoid the butter or garlic from burning.
6. Last, pour the garlic butter over your wings and give them a good toss.
Garlic Butter Chicken Wings
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings 690g
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspsoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 7 garlic cloves 27g
- 2 tablespoons butter 28g
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F / 220°C.
- Take 2 garlic cloves and grate them to make a paste and set aside. Mince the rest of the garlic and save for later.
- Pat dry the chicken wings and add them to a large bowl. Add the salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika and garlic paste. Mix it well until all the chicken wings are fully seasoned.
- Place the chicken in a baking tray with a rack. Cook for 20 minutes. Then flip the wings and cook for 20 minutes.
- When your chicken wings have about 2 minutes left in the oven, start making your garlic butter sauce. In a small pan add your butter and minced garlic over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes and constantly stir.
- Once the wings are done, place them in a large bowl and pour your garlic sauce over them. Toss the chicken around to make sure all the chicken is coated with the sauce. Serve and enjoy.
Hi! I’m Stephenie and I love to make food and share it with everyone. I make everyday recipes that are easy to follow and most importantly delicious! I hope that my recipes inspire you to cook.